Public relations and press division
The team of the division manages communications with the press and public, as well as popularizes Antarctic science and the work of Ukrainian polar specialists. Namely, the following activities are implemented:
- Organization of public events
- Preparation of informational materials about Antarctica
- Development and implementation of the different communication and educational projects
- Ensuring cooperation with Ukrainian and foreign press
- Issuing online publication “Експедиція ХХІ”
One of the main informational directions is to inform and engage in the competition to become a part of the Ukrainian Antarctic Expedition, highlight the process of selection and traveling of the polar team to Antarctica as well as their return back home, and their achievements at the station “Academic Vernadsky”.
The highlights of the work of the division are as follows:
- At the end of 2018, a large Antarctic photo exhibition was developed. For the first time, it was presented in the airport “Boryspil”. Since then, it was placed in the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, the Museum of Science as well as other locations in different Ukrainian cities. This exhibition is still traveling around Ukraine.
- In 2020, when the first lockdown started and children went to online education, the online project “Antarctic lessons” has started. Already in the first days, the videos have coverage of up to 40 thousand
- In 2021, the action “Books to Antarctica” started, due to which the library of the station “Academic Vernadsky” will be enriched by the books of modern Ukrainian authors..
Important directions of the work of the division are to highlight international initiatives of the NASC and its cooperation with Ukrainian business, which often comes with the initiative of charity support to our station.